What makes a hybrid?
Being a forerunner in the telecom field we manufacture Telecom hybrid cables with completely customized structures and designs. Our R&D department provides support for the cable structure design and can help to design the perfect hybrid for every application.
- Helkama offers both loose tube and slotted core based hybrid cables.
- Typical structure consists of 6 to 18 conductors for 3 to 9 radios’ power supply, sizes 6-16 mm² or #8 – #4 AWG conductors. Hybrid cables for AC voltage feeding with 3 power conductors.
- A single hybrid cable can consist of mixed copper wire sizes for power feeding, Remote Electrical Tilt control wires, fiber optics and LAN (CAT) cables.
- Small jumper cable for single radio can consist of two wires for power supply and 1-3 fiber pairs for data, according to radio design requirements.
- All Helkama cables are manufactured using halogen-free XLPE and thermoplastic insulation according to various standards.
- Corrugated steel tape shielding for challenging outdoor environments
- Cables can even be bird proofed using a nylon-shielding layer on top of the cable
Benefits of Helkama Hybrid Cable solution
Having only one cabinet to install saves remarkably on installation time, reduces both weight and the needed space, and minimizes wind load.
There are also further benefits for design, logistics and assembly. One common challenge is minimizing cable scrap: Cabling costs are approximately 30% of the total site costs, and with an average cabling scrap rate of 17%, it equals to 5% of the total site cost. The Helkama Hybrid Cable solution minimizes cable scrap costs due to simplified cabling systems from design to assembly. Installation time can also be minimized by customizing the number of cables and accessories.
Examples of Hybrid cable solutions
2-18 cores with cross sections ranging from 6 mm² to 25 mm² and with Single-Mode or Multi Mode fibers
Multi-Core Power Cables 6-24 cores with cross sections ranging from 4 mm² to 25 mm², and with Single-Mode or Multi Mode fibers
Multi-Core Power Cables 6-24 cores with cross sections ranging from 4 mm² to 25 mm², Single-Mode or Multi Mode fibers, and CAT cable
Interested in our telecom products?
Interested in a telecom cable designed and customized specifically to your project? Send us a message and our sales team will be in contact with you to offer customized solutions for your telecom project, as a full service.
"*" indicates required fields